Cavaliers and pioneers; abstracts of Virginia land patents and grants, 1623-1800
Bookreader Item Preview
- Publication date
- Richmond, Press of the Dietz Print Co.
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Vol. 2- indexed by C. B. Grundman
Includes bibliographical references and indexes
v. 1. 1623-1666 -- v. 2. 1666-1695 -- v. 3. 1695-1732 -- v. 4. 1732-1741 -- v. 5. 1741-1749 -- v. 6. 1749-1762 -- v. 7. 1762-1776
- 2011-12-16 17:35:05
- Virginia State Library; Virginia Genealogical Society
- Call number
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- ABBYY FineReader 8.0
- abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.11
- Possible copyright status
- Public domain. Published 1923-1963 with notice but no evidence of copyright renewal found in Stanford Copyright Renewal Database. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Worldcat (source edition)
- Full catalog record
Subject: Misleading Title
Secondly, in the description, the listing of the additional volumes without publication dates is misleading, as well. This book was published in 1934 when Nugent first received support for publishing the series, which was withdrawn by the donor just as the second volume was going to press.
An curatorial clarification should be inserted by the staff to correct this problem.
My two star review is for the curatorial information, NOT for the value of Nugent's work, which will always be a five star piece of scholarship. But the search of online text is based upon both the curatorial and the content.
IN COLLECTIONSIllinois History and Lincoln Collections University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign American Libraries
Uploaded by email@example.com on